Ok, here we go...

So, In February 2011 I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease...wanna know more? Go here!

I get a lot of questions about Celiac Disease and I'm a secret chef so I decided to start this blog so I can get the word out and share some of the meals I've cooked as well as some of the things I've found along the way. I'm very active and I refuse to let Celiac Disease keep me from doing all the fun stuff I'm used to :-)

I'm learning and growing so if you have any ideas or comments feel free to share!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cornbread Perfection

I've really been getting into Bob's Red Mill products and I'm very excited about it. I started with the All Purpose flour and now I'm moving forward.

This time I used the Cornbread Mix and it was simple and delicious.  



Here are a couple of tips when making this:
1. Be sure to let the liquid soak into the mix for at least 10 minutes to prevent a grainy texture
2. Be sure your ingredients are at room temperature
3. Be sure to have extra butter/margarine/oil just in case the mix is a bit dry

Here is what the mixture looks like out of the bag, you can actually see the bits of corn!


All mixed up:


I decided to make Cornbread Muffins instead of cornbread in a pan.:


 Here is the finished product. I keep them in an air tight container and warm them up in the microwave for about 20 seconds with a bit of butter.





No comments:

Post a Comment